Monday, September 21, 2009

The first Step

Well today was the first team training. I met with 7 other people on my team for our first work out. It was a lot of fun! I love working out with other people. It makes the time go by faster.

At first our trainer Danielle had us run around the building. (each lap is 1/4 of a mile). Now, I'm not a runner. I wish I was and maybe someday I'll become one. I can remember when I was in middle school and we had to do the state physical challenge, and we would have to run! So instead of running I decided to skip. It was much more fun until I got yelled at.... Anyways, I didn't stop running and I finished with a time of 4:41! Not too bad for a half of mile!

There have been moments these past few days when fear has crept in my head. And I would begin to get scared that I wouldn't be able to do this. That I will fail. And when I fail everyone will know it because it's going to be on NBC. But I KNOW that it is a lie. And that I can do anything! Truly anything, with the Lords help. God has seemed to have given me an attitude with food that I have never had before. I seem to have self-control like never before!!! I am going with the attitude of "It's just food". And it has no power over me. The feeling of being in control of everything you do is so powerful and I am so blessed that I am able to have this experience.

Thank you for all your prayers!! I KNOW that they are working every time I'm able to say no to my flesh.

1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring Jess- I can totally see you skipping by the way. You are hilarious! That is really good accountability that you are going to be the girl on NBC!! WOW! YOU CAN DO IT!

    ReplyDelete